No alarm alarm

When I bought my 2004 Camry, I did not want to have the "factory installed" alarm, so it was supposedy removed prior to delivery. Today at a stop to return some books as I was getting out of the car the horn started beeping the the emergecy flasher lights went on. I had to get back in the car and restart the engine which stopped all of the show and tell. Question: Why did this happen if I an supposed to have a vehicle without an alarm? My key chain does not have an alarm button. Car is a 2000 4 cyl LE.

Reply to
Harry Avant

The key fob for my 2003 doesn't have an alarm button --- but the car has an OEM alarm installed. If they indeed took it out then perhaps you hit the panic button on the back of the fob. To see if alarm is still there - while inside with car running lower the window, get out and lock the doors with the fob then reach inside adn open the door with the handle. If the horn doesn't go off then they indeed removed the alarm. It is a good 3 hour job to remove the alarm system since both sides of the dash and the center console has to be removed - on an 03 the center console is actually different to accommodate the VIP blinking lisht.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Thank you, I'll try it and see it I indeed did hit the panic button. Funny but untill I read your post I'd forgotten about the panic button on the backside of the fob.

"Wolfgang" wrote:

Reply to
Harry Avant

SO after testing is the alarm actually installed?

Reply to
Wolfgang

Don't know. It's been to wet to go outside to find out. Will let you know.

"Wolfgang" wrote:

Reply to
Harry Avant

No alarm. Finally had a chance to perform the test and there is no alarm. Ok by me since I didn't want or pay for it.

snipped-for-privacy@earthl>Don't know. It's been to wet to go outside to find out. Will let you

Reply to
Harry Avant