No Overdrive after being serviced @ Toyota

I just had my 2002 Camry serviced where they flushed my transmission fluid, replaced the waterpump, cleaned the throttle body. The car only has 74K miles and runs great. Before I took the car in, my OD was working fine and I was getting around 29 MPG. I got 21 MPG and noticed that the car has a high RPM when at 60 MPH. I pushed the OD button on the shifter and it downshifted to 2nd gear. That was just weird. So what I did was stop, turned off the OD and took off. The car never went into 3rd gear and the RPM was just way too high. I went ahead and pushed the OD button and it finally went into 3rd gear but never into 4th/OD.

Can someone please give me an idea if the Toyota service department did something to the car causing it to not work anymore. I've read some articles that there are all kinds of sensors that affect the OD. Please help.

Reply to
Michael

Replacing the fluid is one thing but flushing the transmission is another story. The latter has the potential to cause a problem and it looks as if you got bit. Don't ask if they caused a problem--go back to the Dealer and say they did. MLD

Reply to
MLD

Very good.

Now, what engine and what transmission?

So people will know if their experience applies directly to you, and others will know if your experience applies directly to them.

Reply to
micky