passenger side gray mirror

Hi, I am looking for a passenger side gray mirror for my Japanese built

2001 Camry. The dealer quoted an exorbitant $250. I hesitate to pay that kind of money just because it is purely cosmetic. I say this because the mirror is intact and working. It is only the external gray housing which is chipped when I was pulling out of the garage one morning in a hurry. Is anyone out there who thinks/ can recommend someplace where I can purchase only the housing? I know its a tall order but no harm in asking. If gray is a hard to obtain, I am willing to buy only the black and paint the driver side black also for uniformity. Your thoughts /suggestions are most welcome Thanks
Reply to
sbn

Try one of the online OEM yota parts places - they discount 20-30% (do a Google search) plus NO tax at most. The OEM mirrors come prepainted. Sell your old one on ebay - lots of folks break just the glass part. Expensive because it is motorized. Painting an aftermarket black one will cost you $50 or better. Duct tape the old one if asethetics don't bother you.

Reply to
Wolfgang

You can buy black entire assembly ones on Ebay for less than $50. That's where I got mine.

Reply to
badgolferman

I managed to do the same thing last week. I went with rockauto.com. I don't hear much about them on the Toyota boards but they seem popular among the Jeep crowd.

"sbn" wrote in news:1160262690.507299.186740 @c28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
ZJ Driver