Need a wire diagram for Honda Civic 2002 Left side mirror

Hello,

My 2002 honda civic driver side mirror is broken and all the wires were disconnected. I need a wire diagram to reconnect these wires

Side mirror wires are blue blue yellow gray green

door side wires are orange blue/black blue/white black green

please advise..and thank you

Reply to
rquan

"rquan" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Go here:

in with: username: lib password: access

Choose "Auto Repair Reference Center" from the menu at left. Choose your car.

Good luck.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

no lucks...no wire diagram related to side mirror

rquan

TeGGeR=AE wrote:

Reply to
rquan

If your passenger side mirror is intact, you should take a look at how the wiring is done there, I bet the colors are the same.

Anyway, if the mirror was broken, why do you try to reconnect the wires? afaik, both the wires from the mirror and the ones from the door have connectors, are your wires pulled off them?

Serban

Reply to
gigelus2k3

Well, the colours are different as i mentioned on previous email. The side mirror wires were pulled out of the connector.

rquan

gigelus2k3 wrote:

Reply to
rquan

rquan wrote:

colors than the same side door wires.

My suggestion was to compare the broken wiring with the one from the passenger side mirror. Left side mirror wires with right side mirror wires and left door wires with right door wires. If both sides use the same colors, chances are that they're connected in the same way.

Serban

Reply to
gigelus2k3

Of course...I already check it...the mirror on the passenger side is different colours...I already check it... thanks rquan

gigelus2k3 wrote:

Reply to
rquan

Of course...I already check it...the mirror on the passenger side is different colours...I already check it... thanks rquan

gigelus2k3 wrote:

Reply to
rquan

Of course...I already check it...the mirror on the passenger side is different colours...I already check it... thanks rquan

gigelus2k3 wrote:

Reply to
rquan

Of course...I already check it...the mirror on the passenger side is different colours...I already check it... thanks rquan

gigelus2k3 wrote:

Reply to
rquan

I just looked at my driver side broken mirror (I had it changed last month and I kept the broken one), it has only 3 wires. This is a 98 Civic, but I was expecting that the part would be similar to yours. Tough luck, it isn't.

Anyway, I'm wondering why yours has 5 wires? 3 are enough to drive the two actuating motors (common and two driving wires). Is there anything else in the mirror beside these 2 motors?

In the end, if no one is stepping up with the actual diagram, you could use a multi-meter to check the door side wires (looking for a voltage to appear when "adjusting" the mirror) and the mirror wires (looking for the motor wirings, which are low impedance). I don't think that there's anything in the mirror that can damage or be damaged by reverted wiring.

Serban

Reply to
gigelus2k3

"rquan" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

I see you've hed no luck obtaining a wiring diagram. I don't have one either.

However, you can get one straight from Honda:

up and $20 gets you three days of all-you-can-eat downloads.

Reply to
TeGGeR®