Power Windows 1987 Camry...need to slam door to operate.....help

My 1987 Camry power windows have a glitch. Sometimes they refuse to operate up OR down.....I have to slam drivers side door a few times till they will operate while car is running. Is there a switch that is activated when car is running and door in closed position OR, is the wiring in the rubber boot between door and car body damaged or pinched and shifting slightly as I slam door. Any suggestions appreciated.

Marty

Reply to
Marty009

Alex Marcuzzi