Need help-advice power window

1994 DeVille. We had shade film on all door windows.

The Drivers door developed a wrinkle in the film and one day my wife ran that window down. When the wrinkle went down below the lip on the rubber seals at the bottom of the window channel on the top edge of the window opening, the window would only come back to where the wrinkle stopped it. The wrinkle as still down below the lip.

When she got home and told me, I went out and GENTLY pulled up on the window while hitting the UP on the power window switch. As soon as I had moved the glass up only slightly, the window continued up and closed.

We never ran the window up and down at all for about a week and then yesterday when we took it in to have the film replaced, the window would not move in either direction, no sound from the window motor at all. ALL of the other 3 windows still work properly so it's not a fuse/relay problem I don't think.

When the repairman pulled the door panel, he tapped on the motor lightly with a small hammer and said sometimes he had had motors that stuck and that this would cause them to start operating again. It didn't in this case.

My question is this: Is there such a thing as a limit microswitch or something on these windows that I could have thrown out of sync by pulling up on that window? Is it more likely a defective motor that is causing the problem?

Any other ideas or suggestions before I go out a buy a new motor?

Thanks in advance for all help.

Bob...

Reply to
Bob D.