Purchasing a '99 Camry?

In a few months I'll have the opprotunity to buy my buddy's wife's '99 Camry with 60K miles. Donot know about extra installed options. It's been maintained by the dealer. If I buy it what doi I have to look forward to as far as maintenace costs? Does it have a timing belt or timing chain?

Thanks,

Mike \

Reply to
Mike

Hi Mike,

They are great cars. I can't understand why they never took on in the UK. On a 2.2i the cam belt should be changed about 63K miles but this had been done on the 2000 one I bought a couple of years ago so I couldn't guess a price. Another thing to watch for is the plug leads. They caused misfire trouble at 100K+ and cost =A380 for a new set.

Other than that you need to change to oil and wash the windows.

John

Mike wrote:

Reply to
jnw4

Thanks John.

Mike

They are great cars. I can't understand why they never took on in the UK. On a 2.2i the cam belt should be changed about 63K miles but this had been done on the 2000 one I bought a couple of years ago so I couldn't guess a price. Another thing to watch for is the plug leads. They caused misfire trouble at 100K+ and cost £80 for a new set.

Other than that you need to change to oil and wash the windows.

John

Mike wrote:

Reply to
Mike