radio and amp question

I just bought a 2000 Camry LE 4cyl (12/99 JT2BG22K2Y044----. The previous owner had installed an aftermarket radio (using aftermarket adapters so the wire harness is intact). I want to install the factory radio/cd player but there are 3 different radios and 2 different amps. My question is where is the amp located ? and which radios work with which amps? The local dealership was unable to tell me what came with the car or where the amp would be located.

Thanks Robert

Reply to
Robert

the

but

For standard factory radio-player, the amplifier is integral with the radio tuner and player, as far as I'm aware.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Unable to know which system was installed from any kind of info. I suggest that the radio in an LE was probably a fairly base model with integrated amplifier. The radio in my 2000 is a 16814 ( on the front panel) If there's an amplifier I am unaware of it.................Lemme go look real quick.................

No apparent amplifiers available outside the radio. The System sounds great too.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Try calling Toyota Customer Care and give them the VIN. They may be able to (actually, they *are* able to) access the 'build sheet' whcih should have the model of the radio installed, unless it was upgraded by the dealer for the origiinal owner.

Caveat: A friend of mine bought a Toyota truck from another dealer through my dealer. There was a problem, and the actual seller was reluctant to fix it. My friend got the build sheet and it was slightly off...(there were things *on* the truck not listed on the build sheet...*factory* items!)

Reply to
HachiRoku

Robert, Go to OEMVALUE.com. You don't need to buy from them but they have a Toyota reference page that has pictures and descriptions of all the combinations of head units, amplifiers and harnesses. I never understood it till I stumbled accross that page.

BTW ' >I just bought a 2000 Camry LE 4cyl (12/99 JT2BG22K2Y044----. The previous

Reply to
CANDOR