Raising a dead power window

I need to replace the complete power window motor/regulator assembly in my

98 Camry LE. The window in currently in the completely down position. The first thing I need to do is remove the window. To get to the bolts holding the window in you must raise the window about 2 inches. I cannot get the window to move at all. Is there any trick to getting the window to move, or does it just take brute force?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Joel

Reply to
Joel Markus

Check lazarus.com for raising the dead (windows). ;)

holding

or

Reply to
David

I wish it was that easy!

my

The

the

Reply to
Joel Markus

Have you tried the obvious? - direct battery voltage applied to the old motor? If that does work, you might want to double check the switches and wiring at the door hinges to ensure the motor and regulator are bad. Failing that, is there any way you can unbolt the window glass from the regulator? Is there a point(s) of attachment at the lower edge?

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

my

The