raising idle on 96 4cylinder

I have replaced all the mounts and tuneup and cant get the vibration out of my car. I played with idle stop screw and backed it out enough that the car idles at about 850 rpms now in gear and no more vibrations. Only thing is now Im getting a check engine light(because throttle body flap slightly open all the time now) Is there anyway to adjust the tps to my new idle and make the light go away?? Thanks:)

Reply to
:

Alot of things cause vibrations or poor idle, how complete was the tune up. Did you check timing, old belts stretch retarding timing reducing Rpm, milage and power significantly, mine lost 4 mpg from 3 degrees retarded. Is gas good. Plug wires cap rotor new?. If high octane improves it you have not tuned it right, try new gas. Is compression good.

Reply to
m Ransley

I think the factory spec. is 800 +/- 50 There is a procedure in the factory service manual for adjusting the TPS, has to do with checking continuity at the contacts while using a thickness gauge.

Reply to
Daniel

The tuneup was thorough. Timing good and gas good as well. I have it running great now(like new)by adjusting the throttle stop. Now the check engine light comes on because the throttle plate is always open more than before. Thanks:)Nel

Reply to
:

I have the same problem with my 4cyl 95.... 63K miles. I'd love to hear the real solution to this.

Reply to
Mike R