Re Extrnal Drive belts.

Hi All,

You may or may not have read my previous request about External drive belts. On my 4cyl CAMRY.

Crank to Power Steering. Crank to Alternator.AC.

I was in my Toyota Dealer yesterday.

Belts need to be ordered non in stock...Cost £39.00 = US$78.

I asked costs of them fitting.

Time is 1.5 hours at £55.00 per hour.= £82.50 = US$165. Plus GB VAT @ 17.5%

Total = £97.00 = US$ 194.

Looks like I fitting myself. No wonder they call this Treasure Island.

Cheers Johnny UK.

Reply to
JM

Im sure a regular mechanic would do it for half the price, you pay for that nice showroom and douhnuts and coffee

Reply to
m Ransley

Hi yes I agree, But I would hope to do it in less that 1.5 hours with out all there ramps.

They seem to be totally understaffed. They could not fit for 3/4 weeks any way.

Its no problem to fit, I have done for maybe 50 years, But at 71 I am less keen to get under cars lol.

Cheers. Johnny.

Reply to
JM