Re: What's With the Poor Steering on my 2004 Camry?

I'm not an expert, but Toyo's seem all to drift around on the xway, and are sensitive to crosswinds. I speak from reading others comments, and having owned a 97 Avalon and 02 Tundra.

A front-end man I spoke with said to have more negative caster dialed into the alignment, which will make the wheel tend to on-center. This may involve adjustments to other aspects of the alignment also.

Definately have the TSB stuff done first though.

The steering on my 2004 Camry leaves something to be desired. It's > somewhat > harder than normal to keep in a straight line or in its lane. You must > constantly move the wheel slightly back and forth. The steering wheel > also > seems somewhat stiffer than normal. The car is only about 1 year old with > about 9600 miles. I know that some others have also had this problem. > Does > anyone know what the dealers have been told to do to correct this? Is > correction possible? > Al > > >
Reply to
Bob H