Replacing Camry hood struts

My son has a 1993 Camry and we need to replace the little gas struts that hold up the hood. I can buy replacement struts at Pep Boys for $25 each, but I'm concerned about whether the non-Toyota struts will adapt.

When I look at the existing Toyota struts, I see how I can remove the top of the strut by loosening a small hex bolt. But how do I remove the bottom of the strut? It seems to be "built in" to a hinge-like mechanism which is bolted to the car body.

Thanks,

-Al

Reply to
Al Cunniff