Recommend sythetic lubes

I have a 1997 Camry w/2.2L 4Cyl. with 29,000 miles that I've used Valvoline oil in since appx 1,000 miles. I want to change the P.S., brake fluid, differential and auto trans to synthetic but, can't find any that's compatible. Anyone have any experience with a product they'd recommend (other than Amsoil)? TIA davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Besides Amsoil, which is an excellent product, you may use Mobil 1.

JP

Reply to
JP

I would be careful about using synthetic in an automatic transmission. They depend on a certain amount of friction, and on some cars have experienced problems with synthetic transmission fluid. Not sure about Toyota transmissions.

Reply to
Mark A

No problems with Mobil 1 fully synthetic ATF in the four cylinder A140E automatic transmission.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Daniel M. Dreifus being of bellicose mind posted:

ONE of the primary differentiations between ATF fluids is their friction coefficient. At one end of the scale you have the old Ford Type F which produces a firm shift due to its high friction coeffecient at low surface speeds. At the other end of the scale you have several fluids with low friction coefficients at low surface speeds which produce a much softer shift (all else being equal ... which it seldom is). The formulations vary by transmission manufacturer. That an ATF is synthetic doesn't matter once it is certified for a particular specification This is not like synthetics in motor oil.

Reply to
Philip®

Thanks for all the tips. I'm going to look at Mobil1 products for switching to. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Redline has a good line of synths.

Reply to
T Chaos

Redline makes some very good products, but check the documentation first. Some of their lubricants are designed primarily for racing, and have less detergents than ordinarily required for passenger car use.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus