Recommend synthetic lube

I have a 2001 Tundra w/3.4L 6Cyl. with 19,000 miles that I've used Royal Purple oil in since appx 1,000 miles. I want to change the P.S., brake fluid, differential and auto trans to synthetic but, can't find any that's compatible. Anyone have any experience with a product they'd recommend (other than Amsoil)? TIA davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Try Redline:

Likely the P/S takes ATF, be sure to check your Owner's Manual.

Reply to
Roger Brown

Mobil 1 synthetic auto trans fluid will work fine.....

Reply to
dave89144

AFAIK, there is no currently available type-T trans fluid. Amsoil claims to meet the spec, but there has been no independent verification. I wouldn't chance it.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

Power steering--it calls for ATF, so use your choice. Mobil 1 is good Brake fluid--they're all synthetic...use any DOT4. I like ATE. Differential--any syn GL-5 80W-90 or 75W-90. Mobil 1 is good. Tranny--your owner's manual calls for Dexron III, doesn't it?...use your choice. Mobil 1 is good.

I believe the first year that Tundra transmissions used Toyota's type T-IV is 2003.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Thanks for all the tips. I'm going to look at Mobil1 for products to switch to, except the ATF which is type T. Maybe by the time I get 30k there will be a synthetic for it. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Heres a couple of links that may help you decide on a good brake fluid.

Reply to
Fogerty Family

Interesting reading, it is the opposite of what I was thinking that synthetic brake fluid was less hydroscopic than conventional. I'd probably be better off just staying with Toyota brake fluid. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92