Recommed Remote Starter

Am interested in finding one that will work with the 'microchip' key/starter for the 05 Camry..

TIA

Isaac

Reply to
Isaac Berhane

the remote start keyless entry is about $65 or so the bypass module is probably about $50

05's may or may not be ready yet

stay away from walmart bulldog shit

key/starter

Reply to
I'm Right

Thanks.

I found a viper one that they install at Tweeter stores. Heard anything good or bad about them?

Isaac

Reply to
Isaac Berhane

I worked in aftermarket automotive electronics (now working on factory stuff) for about 6 years or so. DEI (maker of the viper alarms) was at the time my choice in easy to install alarms. They had small enough "brains" to hide easily and were friendly to the installer. The shortfall of any alarm will always be how obvious it is to the thief, which model you have. If they know what you have for an alarm, they know what to do to bypass it.

The remote start systems by DEI have been very reliable in my experience and I would recommend them as a good unit for the average consumer as long as they are professionally installed.

I don't know what TWEETER has for a guarantee, but the Circuit City Stores used to have a lifetime warranty on labor done at any of their stores. Guaranteed by all of them. So,........If you bought and had something installed in say,Oklahoma, and moved to Florida, the stores in Florida would still cover the Labor if they had a problem due to the actual installation instead of the product. Also the Labor was covered if the product was the poroblem and Circuit City installed it.

If TWEETER stores offer that kind of Warranty, I'd buy there. But I don't know how *big* their chain is. I like the Tweeter people I have dealt with and will likely buy from them again as I purchase new Home electronics. ( I get good deals on my car stuff at work still so I probably won't give them that portion of my business based on my ability to do the installation)

Good luck!

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

they are good from what i hear viper is ok, overpriced but ok

good

Reply to
I'm Right