Replace rear brake rotor for 2000 Camry V6

Any advice on this before I start? I've done this with my old Corolla before.

Reply to
aiuser

Should be the same deal as the rotors on a corrolla. The only difference here is that the parking brake shoe is inside a little drum in the center of rotor, and sometimes they hangup the rotor from coming out. But most of the time, they come right off.

Reply to
qslim

Haynes manual has a pretty good description of how to get it off. I recently purchased my 2000 Camry v6 used so I took off the wheels to inspect the brakes.

The driver's side rear rotor had a half circle opening to loosen the shoe adjuster. After turning the adjuster a couple of times, the rotor came off with a slight tap of a rubber mallot.

I think my car has aftermarket rotors because the passenger-side rear rotor is missing the small hole that you need to loosen the parking shoe adjuster. I wasn't able to get that rotor off. Since the pad and rotors looked almost new, I wasn't too worried about inspecting the passenger-side parking brake shoes.

The drivers side parking brake shoe was within tolerance, but I plan to replace them later this year. They cost a fortune at the dealer and I can't find aftermarket shoes.

Make sure you have a piece of string or something to hang the caliper while you are working on the rotor.

RickC

Reply to
RickC