roof lining falling down?? 93 Camry

I have a 93 Camry wagon and the roof lining material is coming un-stuck from the roof in a big way. I'm betting that I am not the only one with this problem. Is the best fix to take it all off and remove the suff between the roof and the lining, re glue it and re-install the unit or someone figured out a better way?

Thanks, Phill.

Reply to
Phill

I've never used it but 3M makes a spray-on adhesive for this application. It's called 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive.

Reply to
Nobody Important

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Thanks for the great info. I can deal with it now.

Phill.

Reply to
Phill

I've never tried to fiz a sagging headliner, but I do believe that unless you're VERY skilled, you'll likely make a botch of the job...at least I would. In my view, a simpler fix (unless the headliner is torn or filthy) is to take a hypo needle arrangement (such as you'd find in a do it yourself print cartridge filler kit) fill the hype with a strong glue, and punch a series of tiny holes in the headliner with the needle, and inject a small amount of glue (like Gorilla glue, not Elmer's school glue) where the headliner is sagging, and hold it in place for a brief time until it's tacky enough to support the cloth. Let us know how your project turns out, eh?

Reply to
mack