smaller tire size

Presently I have 205/65 R15 on my 2000 toyota camry. I'm thinking about replacing these all seasons again with all seasons but one size smaller - 195/65 R15. The reason for the smaller size is for better grip in snow and water (hate the aqua planing in water and floating on the snow ruts on the highway) yet still don't comprimise the overall handling of the car for the rest of the seasons. Any thoughts?

Reply to
newheit

Would rather see 195/70 R15 or somethign that brings the width down but the diameter up to compensate if it were my car...

Worse handling, better grip in wet / snow ... sorta...

Or just get new tires with an agressive tread design...

will let you see the tread depth, tire width and rotations per mile if you do a comparison.

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
Hillary Exposed:

Joe

A crappy tire in 205/65R15 won't work much better in size 195/65R15.

Use

to find GOOD all season radials in the proper size for your car. If you live where the snow gets deep, you might consider buying a set of winter tires/wheels. For most of us a set of FOUR Michelin HydroEdge or Goodyear Assurance TripleTred tires should suffice. Don't cheap out, buy 4 new tires. Read some user reviews to get a feel for how the tires work for folks who drive cars of comparable size in comparable conditions.

Reply to
ACAR