Solara wire replacement

Does anyone know how it can be done? There isn't a usual distributor cap from which the wires just slide off. It can't be that difficult, the dealer wants 200$ and I can get a set online for 30$. Just don't want to waste my money. Will somebody with some experience please help? Thank You.

Reply to
Theanine

From what I can see from researching the Solara, it has TDI or Toyota Direct Ignition. This system does eliminate the need for ignition leads from a distributor, relying instead on a coil for each cylinder positioned close to each spark-plug. This type of ignition system is not new. GM have used a variant of this on their Buick V6s used in Holden cars here in Australia for

16 years without any major problems. This is probably why they have quoted $200 anticipating the need for one or more coil replacements if needed to correct your engine's problems.

I would simply ask them what they base their quote on.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James