Online Council Tax Payment not working!

South Bucks,
I have attempted to pay my June 2017 Council Tax online many Times over the last few days. I have used the online facility with the same debit
card as used for the procedure over many years now, so I am well familiar with the online procedure.
I called the bank, they could see my Council Tax online attempt on their screen. The bank said there is nothing wrong with my debit card, and that the problem with the online payment web facility at the South Bucks Council.
Hence I am not resisting payment in any way, I want the monthly scheme to continue as I can't afford to pay the full annual amount at this time.
Please advice how I can pay the Council Tax for June 2017. I am full time working, so not easy for me to pay at ouncil Offices.
Regards,
Council Tax 1085545 JOHANNES ANDERSEN 18 DENHAM CLOSE DENHAM UXBRIDGE MIDDX Tel 07501308405
On 02/06/2017 03:14, johannes wrote:

Sorry guys, obviously wrong destination, DOH!
johannes wrote:

We could all email or ring on your behalf:
snipped-for-privacy@southbucks.gov.uk    01895 837500
Let us know how you get on ...
--
Graham J

On 02/06/2017 06:54, Graham J wrote:

Yes, I know that number already, it's on the Council's website. But office closed at 3:14am; I just wanted to get it out of the way. Making optimal use of awake time... :)

Sort of gathered that. One of the perils of using a prog where it is so easy to send an email to a newsgroup.
If it's something you have to pay on or before a given date, why not just set up a direct debit?
--
*Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you? *

I dislike DD. Will only use it kicking and screaming.

OK. Your choice if you don't mind problems like you've had.
--
*I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

The falicy of DD is that you don't know what you're doing. And if you know what you're doing, then the effort is the same. Of course the money collectors love it.
On 02/06/2017 16:48, johannes wrote:

If the DD changes upward they give you at least two weeks notice, any payments incorrectly taken are covered by the DD guarantee.
johannes wrote:

I agree - why let somebody take money from your account? The aggro of correcting it when it goes wrong just isn't worthwhile.
But where I can't avoid it, I have a bank account set up specially for DDs - which I can close with not much inconvenience if a DD goes wrong.
Much better for Johannes to set up an automated transfer out of his account. I see that this would be difficult for a variable amount - but surely for Council Tax this is a known amount at the beginning of every tax year ...?
--
Graham J

Graham J wrote:
[...]

What have you had go wrong?
I have a couple of dozen DD's set up, some of them going back 30 years or so. I've never had a problem.

Council tax here is taken as 10 payments in a year, with one of them as a slightly different amount. No idea why, but DD makes it easy.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Chris Whelan explained on 02/06/2017 :

Did you know that if you request it, they have to let you do it in 12x monthly payments?
On 02/06/2017 19:15, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

My council require evidence of pecuniary disadvantage. Are you suggesting it is a right?
On 02/06/2017 19:32, Fredxxx wrote:

IIRC it became a right for the tax year 2013-14 and subsequent years but you may have to ask, they don't have to offer it to you instead of the 10 months. And you are only entitled to 12 months of the bill is issued in time.
But check before you engage Messrs Sue, Grabbit & Run :)
--
Robin
Fredxxx submitted this idea :

As I understand it, it is your absolute right to request it. I had no disadvantage, I just requested it and they agreed to 12x payments.
I also understand councils can be a little reluctant, but cannot refuse such a request.
On 02/06/2017 22:08, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Yes, that's my understanding.
They must also listen to cases of hardship and discount bills if they think it's appropriate.
--
Cheers, Rob

On 02/06/2017 22:08, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

but 10 months gives you 2 "free" months, and loads of lolly in the bank.

I pay 10 payments (1 May to 1 Feb), by DD.
Payments 2 to 10 are always equal, but payment 1 is usually a few pence greater or less.
For the council, I guess that for most people, they get the full year's payment in well before the end of the financial year.
It's actually rather nice to have that two-month 'council tax holiday', as I have a few annual payments to make around March and April - and this balances out the cash flow.
--
Ian

Ian Jackson explained on 07/06/2017 :

They do the same here, an adjustment for payment 1, then 2 to 12 are all the same.
On 02/06/2017 19:32, Fredxxx wrote:

No idea, my council give 12 payment option as std.