Spark Plug tube seal info needed

Hiya.

'95 engine: 1MZ-FE

Just now replacing both valve cover rubber gaskets and thought I'd also replace the round spark plug seals as they have hardened and may end up leaking. However, I can't figure out how to get them out and new ones installed. It seems they are held in place by small steel tabs within the (riveted on) oil filler splash assembly. I am a touch leary of plying these out as I may not be able to replace them properly. Is there a shop trick to this process?

Thanks, Jack

Reply to
Jack

Matt

Thanks, Matt. It is odd that all 6 seals came with the 2 valve cover gaskets ..as if it was routine in changing these out. However, they are not damaged but slightly enlarged due to age hardening. If these are a bear to replace (getting them by those steel pressed-in tabs) then I guess I can just stick some RTV around the top of the tubes to cause a tighter fit then.

Jack

the

these

trick to