Suspension on 2002 camry

What kind of shocks ,struts,and springs are used on 2002 camry 4 cylinder.I drove one the other day,and the suspension was pretty smooth over Newyork cities terrible roads.

Reply to
BIGDETROITD

The 'strut-guts' would be supplied to Toyota's specifications. The Camry suspension is superb. On inspection is uses unique architecture with crafted parts which have a unique shape. All this is designed to give a perfect ride and handling. They have a very wide track for their size and this alone imparts incredible cornering stability.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

perfect ride

You are kidding. THe Camry is a soft riding car with mediocre handling. No one buys it because it handles like a race car (it doesn't).

Reply to
Art Begun

Entitled to your opinion, though a hard riding car does not mean advanced engineering. Virtually any tank can be made to corner by reducing suspension movement.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Gas charged, (nitrogen I believe) to reduce fade.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

pretty

Check any objective review. The Camry handling is mediocre. Toyota tends to make soft suspensions and emphasizes smooth ride over handling. It is possible to make great handling smooth suspensions but is very expensive. You would have to get a BMW but even so the suspension won't be as soft as the Camry.

Reply to
Art Begun

Thanks for the replies.

Reply to
BIGDETROITD

I know.

You would have to get a BMW but even so the

Yeah,...well I think vehicle ride and handling has a subjective component as well,....perhaps I should compare the Camry to other mid-sized cars rather than what we call 'faull size sedans' ie Ford Falcon.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

One thing I noticed on the Camry's suspension components is they are are unusual in appearance compared to other cars. The angles and bends in come of the front sispenion/steering arms is quite odd and made me come to the conclusion that it represented complex geometric design. Have you checked one out?

Jason Jason

Reply to
Jason James