timing belt change for 01 camry

have any one know how to open set bolt before take off the timing belt bottom cover, i try to open by impact wrench with 6 gallon air and 120 psi but could get it out?????????

Reply to
don1232

MarvinShos

If you are talking about the crankshaft pulley bolt, it will feel like it's welded on. But like any import V6, two Harbor Freight

$10 on-sale 2-ft 1/2" breaker bars and the right crankshaft holding tool will work wonders. A 4ft cheater pipe ($4 from Home Depot) helps too but adds a lot of load on the breaker bar. So wear all safety gears and be careful! Personally I wouldn't go the impact wrench route or need to.

Google shows Schley 64300 should do the trick. And EBay shows it one bidding for $48.95 plus $12.95 shipping. It will help to tighten down to spec torque later, because if you impact it on it can come loose. It's a known problem. You may be able to borrow a torque wrench (250lb/ ft) from Autozone or other local parts stores.

I always use Gates Timing Component Kits. Each has a belt and the needed tensioners plus an instruction sheet. Good deals on

Change out the oil seals too. Can't beat their price even with shipping.

Reply to
johngdole