Transmission Fluid

My 1995 Camry is having a little trouble shifting into first when I accelerate from a stop. I believe it is low on transmission fluid. I looked through the manual, but I can't find where to add it. I know the power steering uses the same fluid, and that was low, so I added some to that reservoir. I checked the dipstick with the car running in park, and it still didn't register on the stick. Is there a place to add transmission fluid that I'm missing?

Reply to
gretsch27

You add it through the dipstick tube.

Reply to
Nobody Important

Add some and have it replaced, you probably did alot of damage already.

Reply to
ransley

PS reservoir serves the PS system ONLY. You have to add through the dipstick tube as others mentioned using a funnel, 4oz at a time and repeat fluid level checks. Of course the engine has to be at operating temperature.

Funnel set: $1.99 for 4 sizes

If your transmission (95) has never had a strainer changed and pan wiped in all these years you might want to consider that. The Fram filter kit is only about $20 (strainer+gasket) and I'm sure you can find a good mechanic if you're not mechanically inclined.

At least make sure drain/refills BOTH the transmission and differential (also GM Dexron III ATF, superceded Dexron II).

Reply to
johngdole