Valve Cover Gaskets

I've got a '93, and I'm wondering what can happen to a Camry if you drive it for too long with bad valve cover gaskets.

Reply to
John Schutkeker

It will leak oil. The amount dictates how much of a problem it will be. Fortunately the exhaust is up-wind and uphill, so the leak will not burn and stink the car out!

An el-cheapo way out is to clean the joint with cheap degreaser in a can,..let dry then run a layer of silicone gasket stuff around it,.....looks shit-house but can work as ther's no pressure to speak of.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

That's more effort than simply replacing the gasket. Do the job right.

Reply to
Philip®

How often do you check the oil? Changing the gaskets is pretty easy and Toyota gaskets will last a long time.

Reply to
John