vibration

we have a toyota camry 2.00 ltr auto that has a vibration that is noticeable under acceleration at around 50-60 mph and has a very slight wobble in the steering noticeable at low speed, 5 mph. the wheels have been balanced and alignment has been checked. anybody have any thoughts on this would be appreciated. phil

Reply to
phil

I would wonder if your car possibly could have belt seperation in one of the front tyres. This should have shown up during balancing, but if the guy who did the work was really busy , as they usually are, may not have noticed. And a tyre with a seperation can balance okay. If it were my car I would try putting the fronts to the rear and bring the rears up and see if it makes any difference.

Scott

Reply to
zonie

Reply to
phil

I would have the motor mounts and the half-shafts checked.

Reply to
badgolferman

Aye,....get underneath (safely) and see if there is any sideways movement in the drive-shafts. A slight amount is OK,..but a 1/4" or more is not. If there is movement, try to discern where it is.

Worn CVs can set up a "thrum-thrum" noise at that speed,..sometimes with a slight vibration..

Jason

Jason

Reply to
Jason James