Vsc plus Trac. handling?

VSC plus TRAC. Is it 100% good to have or are there some situations when it is more a negative factor.

I tried a 2007 Camry LE V6 without the vsc plus trac and another Camry LE

2007 with it. These two cars were handling the road differently . the Camry with TRAC/VSC seemed heavier, less nimble , less responsive, too soft a suspension.
Reply to
l'*

The TRAC only operates when accelerating from full stop, it prevents your wheels from spinning if started on a slippery surface. For the VSC, It will control your engine and braking so that engine braking is prevalent when cornering on a slippery road. Suspension is not part of the VSC/TRAC. But to be honest, I havent driven the Camry with VSC/TRAC. But I did feel my front wheel spin when I started when there was ice going upto Mt. Baldy.

Did you somehow driven the SE with sport suspension?

Reply to
EdV

they were both LE version of the camry V6. Are you saying that there is a sport suspension version? if that is the case , maybe I drove the sport suspension version without the VSC set up , and then the non sport version , with the vsc , which felt not quite right.

Reply to
l'*

The Sports Edition says SE not LE on the tail. The SE has a stiffer suspension which includes strut braces.

Reply to
Wolfgang