Wagner Thermo Quiet Brake Pads

On a camry, each brake pad has an outer and inner anti-squeak shim.

I was told that the Wagner Thermo Quiet brake pads need no shims. Is this correct - just toss both shims for each pad!?

I noticed that Wagner Brake pad has two elevated surfaces on the back of the pad. This means (assuming your not using any shims) that the brake cylinder will press on the pad against these elevated surfaces. And where the pad is not elevated, the cylinder will not touch the pad. Is that the way its suppose to work....the cylinder touches just two areas of the pad and not the center?

Thanks!

Reply to
kiselink

I think that's the theory. What are shims? (never use the things...) Also, use some of the silicone anti-squeal stuff on the backs of the pads...just for good measure!

Reply to
hachiroku

Any reason why you went with the Wagner pads instead of OEM Toyota pads? In

60,000 miles of driving, I just had to replace the rear pads because the parking brake was left on and I was driving for a bit (dumb move) and I never had brake squeak or anything.

snipped-for-privacy@m> On a camry, each brake pad has an outer and inner anti-squeak shim. >

Reply to
Car Guy