water leak in Camry 2005

Hi,

Last year I bought a new camry 2005; everything is fine so far but recently I found a lot a water under the carpet in the driver and the passenger sides.

It is unclear from where this water comes. (This is no evidence that it comes from outside since no water can be found in the two doors.)

Does anyone has a similar problem? I found some old postings and it seems that this problem is rather common with camry cars.

Thank you,

/PB

Reply to
Peter Browry

If it's plain water (and not coolant), then it's probably the evaporator drain. The drain hose may be plugged (spiders will do this) or may have come off from the evaporator housing.

Take it back to the dealer for repair free under the comprehensive warranty.

Peter Browry wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

johngdole and toyomoho:

Many thanks for your help. After taking the car to the dealer, it seems that the water leak was caused by a plugged A/C evaporator drain, as you suggested. They fixed it for free due to the warranty, and it seems that it is ok now.

However, I still worry about the possibility of mold or any other problem. Had anyone out there, have problems with mold or anything else after a water leak? Any suggestion to avoid/deal with the mold?

Thank you,

/PB

On 07/31/06 15:18, toyomoho wrote: > How high does the fluid come up on the front of the carpets (firewall)? > One cause of a wet carpet is a leaking heater core or hose. You should > be able to tell if this is the problem by looking at the fluid, > smelling it. Check the radiator and overflow tank to see if the system > is loosing water. >

Reply to
Peter Browry