What does the X in XLE mean in a 1999 "Canadian" Camry?

As far as I can see, the only thing my XLE has that an LE doesn't have is a power passenger seat

-No alarm

-No remote entry

-No electric trunk opener

-No CD changer

-No leather

-No Auto Climate Control

My old base '94 Nissan Maxima had all these.

Just what did an XLE have that the base LE didn't?

Is it just the LE didn't offer these as options. 8^(

Anyone ever add a Toyota alarm/remote entry after the fact? Is it pre-wired already?

Thanks

Reply to
Father Guido

SE - Sport Edition LE - Luxury Edition XLE - Xtra Luxury Edition

Reply to
Car Guy

Reply to
Wolfgang

Reverend Father My 99 XLE has leather seats, moon roof, aluminum wheels and a V-6 engine none of which were available on the LE, the roof and seats were options on the XLE as I understand it. This is a Canadian edition as well. Bless my car and save it from the perils of sludge. In Toyota's name Amen. The Artful Codger

Reply to
Artfulcodger

my 97 LE had leather, moonroof, alloys, CD player, V6, ABS, traction, spoiler etc.. no power seats, no heated seats.

Reply to
Max

So today after sending this I park beside my twin at the mall and lo and behold it has leather, wheels and a moon roof and is badged LE. Guess it is a 4cyl. Forgot to mention too my XLE has traction control, and ABS as well. So what the difference is may be the engine and braking system then. Also the XLE has twin 6way adjustable power chairs and maybe that doesnt come on the LE. It's all to complicated for me anyhow.

Reply to
Artfulcodger

Thanks to all who answered!

Reply to