Any Grand Prix owners? Preferably 2004 or 2005

I'm going to be looking at an '06 (already know there are no '05s out there for me), Anyone with personal experience with these cars? I've seen the CR reliability ratings for the '04, they were as high as they rate them, which is good considering it was the first year of this design.

Any options that are "must haves"? I'll post my wish list below. Any options to stay away from? Any insight on the '06 option packages? I ask the last question because KBB and Edmunds have some up already and they appear significantly different from '05. The main difference being that if you select a "GT Sedan" it picks the S/C engine which was GTP in previous years. I'll probably order one.

My option list: GT (if available), includes some of the below and others I didn't list Black outside, dark pewter inside

5-button trip computer 6-CD in-dash changer remote start Custom accessories package (bigger decklid spoiler, different exhaust tips and silver grille inserts) Power driver seat 4-wheel disc w/ ABS TC Leather-wrapped wheel with redundant audio controls

No sunroof, it cuts the headroom too much.

I'm sure there's more but that stuff is more minutiae. I've already driven an '05 and decided I want one, just waiting for the official '06 option packages to be released so i can decide what I want and order it or have my salesman (friend of my dad) find one. I'll get GM Supplier discount (4% over the current GMS offer on '05s) so I'm not terribly concerned about getting the current offer on the '05.

Yes, I'm selling the S-10, MPG is killing me, maintenence is killing me and I don't NEED a truck. Besides, the GP has a huge trunk and wide-opening rear doors which suits me just fine. I'll gain about 5 MPG from the switch.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Mike Levy