When switch to low-beam, both low-beam lights NOT on. Help please!

Hi everyone,

When I switch to low-beam, the low-beam headlights(both sides) doesn't work.

When I switch to hi-beam it works perfect --- both high and low beam lights on. This is desirable when we switch to hi-beam.

However,the hi-beam indicator (blue light in dashboard) doesn't work as it normally does when I switch to hi-beam.

What is the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
oneQues00

one light probably has a burnt out lowbeam, replace bulb

Reply to
m Ransley

Ransley,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Bulbs don't have problem. Both lights NOT on when I switch to low-beam.

Any idea?

thanks

Dave

Reply to
oneQues00

Check your manual to see if it has a relay . Or maybe a bad light switch.

Reply to
m Ransley

Last winter I had the same problem. Surprisingly both low beam bulbs had burnt out at the same time. It ended up just being a coincidence but had me worried that something else had caused it. They're both still working today though. I can't say whether or not the hi-beam indicator was working at the time. It might be worth trying at least one new bulb - eventually you're going to need to replace them anyway. Good luck.

NRJ

Reply to
Navin R. Johnson

Check All fuses in the car...........See owners manual for location and list of what they are related to.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Wiring is usually pretty reliable for this circuit. You say the low beam works in conjunction with high beam when all four light are on - so that rules out a problem with the bulbs. I'd be looking at the switch. Try the high beam flash mode by pulling all the way back on the stalk. Try switching rapidly back and forth a couple times between high and low to see if you can trigger a temporary change. Apart from that, consider replacing the stalk and switch - used from wrecking yard, or new. Before replacing the switch, you might try WD-40 sprayed at the base of the stalk, and double checking the wiring at the steering column, but sounds like you'll need to replace the switch assembly. Just guessing of course, but based on your symptoms.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus