Where is Blocker Heater on '99 Camry V6?

Just bought one, but the block heater cord is missing. I need to know where to look quickly so I don't freeze to death while instally a new cord. It's -30°C (-22°F) here right now.

Thanks!

Reply to
Father Guido

Unless the Camry has the optional block heater, the vehicle does not come with a block heater (at least it does not with my 2002 Camry LE V6)

Reply to
Car Guy

4 cylinder is the center cor plug on the front part of the engine, right under the manifold. Now when I say front, I mean facing forward as your setting in the vehicle.
Reply to
MDT Tech®

It will depend on where you live. I installed the block heater on my 98 Tacoma. But now it sets in a heated garage! ;-)

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Thanks! Where is it on a V6?

Can just plug it in, or is it buried under some other parts that need to be removed first?

Reply to
Father Guido

I have never used a block heater since I started using synthetic oil. JP

Reply to
JP

Yeah, but it came with regular oil and a block heater will help it warm up faster, even if starting is the same. Now it's -35°F here!

How does one wean a 5 year car from regular oil to synthetic oil? I thought you needed to start right away so the gaskets etc. all absorb properly, and changing could cause oil leaks.

Reply to
Father Guido

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Father Guido being of bellicose mind posted:

"Wean" Huh? Just drop your usual stuff and put your choice of synthetic oil in. The old wives tales you mentioned harken back to the days of waxed rope crankshaft rear main seals and cork valve cover / intake manifold gaskets.

Reply to
Philip®

You should review your "facts"... ALL of'em. ;-)

JP

Reply to
JP

Forgot to tell you that, shortly after I bought my used 1993 Camry 4cyl with

238,000 kms on the odo, I did an engine flush and switched to synthetics, with NO PROBLEM at all. If there is an oil leak somewhere, it might make it worst because synthetics clean very well and will dislodge deposits that might assist an old gasket. English is not my mother tongue. I hope I said this clearly enough. Any comment Philip? Anything wrong I said?

JP

Reply to
JP

In news:8uNRb.78095$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca, JP being of bellicose mind posted:

What is your native tongue? I look for thought processes, not so much linguistic proficiency. ;^)

Reply to
Philip®

French... I was born in Paris.

JP

Reply to
JP

In news:xnQRb.78188$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca, JP being of bellicose mind posted:

Your command of written English is good!

Reply to
Philip®

Stroke out good and replace with excellent.

Mon francais n'est pas assi bience que ca!

Reply to
JH

Likewise, and the temps here have been down to minus 35 recently.

Reply to
Charks

You communicate faultlessly.

Reply to