where to find a good reputation toyota mechanic

I need to find a reputable toyota expert to do the engine swap on my Previa. I live in San Gabriel (Los Angeles county), CA. Anywhere in southern california is fine. Thanks in advance, Matt

Reply to
Matt

Michael J. Gulley

hope I'm not too late in followup. Check the yellow pages for certified toyota mechanics. Its a toyota thing, not to be taken lightly. They are generally x dealership mechs; and thats where you want to go

Reply to
?reality

Go to

which is web site promoted by the car talk guys Tom and Ray Magliozzi. If you don't know who they are you should listen to their hilarious car show on the weekends on NPR. The mechanX Files are based on actual consumer input regarding shops that specialize in your type of car. I found a good Toyota mechanic that way.

Reply to
Vijay Kumar

Thanks to everybody's info.

Reply to
Matt

Matt,

In article , mliao6990

You might want to check with "EL Prototypes"

they're in Azusa. They do performance work, but also regular maintence. Very qualified people.

Also, I've heard of "Barry's Toyota" which I think is in Covina.

EL did some work on my Camry and I'm pretty happy.

Best regards. Jay.

Reply to
Jay