Who has the oldest with most miles? Just wondering

I have a 1991 Camry with no less than 478,000 miles. The body is very rough (teenage drivers) but it still goes down the road just fine.

Reply to
marku
1988 with 250,000
Reply to
loonylooie

Still driving a 1977 Toyota pick up truck on occasion. Runs just fine - extremely well actually. 'spose it should, have replaced just about everything, but parts were reasonable

IIRC I found a remanufactured head and camshaft for around $140 and installed them by using photocopies from a reference book at the library. An invisible water hose under the air filter housing ruptured and I thought that might be the end of it, but it keeps on going - passes California smog testing, too.

Reply to
Daniel

That's almost 100 miles everyday for 15 years. Are you sure?

Reply to
harry

'97 Camry 350,000 km (= approx. 220,000 miles) Driving on LPG (Butane/propane mixture)

Only special repairs (besides normal maintenance): 1 set of struts, 2 waterpumps.

Reply to
jan siepelstad

I bought the car with 358,000 miles on it, from a retiring lady. She drove a delivery route for a next day photo service 6 days a week. She area was most of western Iowa, I am not sure of the actual miles per day but, I can easily say it was more than 200 miles a day.

Reply to
marku

I concede defeat.

1985 Celica, 252,000 1985 Corolla GTS, 258,000 1988 Supra, 180,000 Had an '83 Tercel, 4WD wagon, 210,000 but sent it to the shredder...
Reply to
Vash The Stampede

Reply to
Allen Crawford

I've got the oldest! At least the oldest US version. A 1983.

But only have 240,000 miles on it.

Reply to
Kurt Krueger
97 Camry LE 4 cylinder with 204,000 miles only problem was I had to replace the leaking steering rack at 140,000 miles. Still looks like new on the inside and outside, still drives like new.
Reply to
Rob

'92 Camry, 200,000miles (320,000km). Drives like new, I drove 450km on the highway yesterday... Only had to replace ignition coil around 290,000km (luckily it failed near our house). Most remarkable fact: front brake pads only replaced after 300,000km. Incredible. Doesn't consume a drop of oil between maintenance (every 10,000km). Most expensive repair was replacement of all seals on the automatic gearbox...

Luc

Reply to
Luc Kumps