Latest threads in Toyota Camryshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mystery bolt in the passenger side half shaft assembly - 1995 LE sedan, 4-cyl
I found a small bolt which seems to do nothing in its place... Passenger side half shaft, the longer one, has a bearing. The bearing is secured in the bearing mount with a snap ring. On the bottom...
14
14

1987 Toyota Camry Front Camber Adjustable?
I just had my 1987 Toyota Camry at the shop for two new tires, a control arm and alignment. They told me that they adjusted the front and rear toe. They also said that the front right camber was out...
10
10

Re: Engines that are prone to sludge
The only Toyota engines "prone" to "gelling," as Toyota referred to their sludge problem when they extended the warranty, was with engines build with a "new" head designed to improve emissions. The...
4
4

88 Camry Transmission noise
I've got an 88 Camry 4 cyl with an automatic trany. About 30k miles. Bought from an old lady who only drove to church etc. Was driving today doing about 45 and experienced that noise you get when you...
6
6

Re: Consumer Reports reliability survey for Cars
Not to start another rant, but J.D. Powers will rank highly whoever pays them. That's why you see the auto company ads stating "Best vehicle of the year according to JDP" and 4 different companies...
1
1

On Topic? Cars, anyway: 55 MPH speed limit...
It's interesting to see how many people in this group and others support the 55 MPH speed limit. The question is, where the hell are you on the highway?!?!?! If 55 MPH is supposed to save fuel, and...
177
177

CV Boot and other work
I have a split - actually detached - CV boot on the driver's side that I need to get fixed. I've heard it's just as well to get the whole axle half shaft for that side replaced. Any other work that...
2
2

Camry Suspension
I have a 1994 Toyota Camry with about 140,000 miles on it. The driver- side rear strut is making some noise. If I push the wheel from the side while it's jacked up, there is a slight give that causes...
6
6

Hood Release Cable Adjustment - '95 Camry Sedan
4 cylinder version. The cable has stretched out and won't release the hood. How do I access and adjust it?
7
7

Groining Camry
My 1998 Camry LE has a lot of noise from the front end. It sounds like groaning and creaking. Is this a common problem for the 1997-2001 series or peculiar to mine. Struts have been changed. I am...
7
7

Re: stripped stud
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D Cathy wrote in another thread that BadGolferMan is prejudiced. Well, I don't know for sure. But I like Natalie and I...

Wheels' Lug nuts loosened unexpectedly
Last month I rotated the wheels on the '06 Camry, from front to back. Yesterday I re-torqued them after 350 miles of driving and five weeks. All the lug nuts on the two rear wheels did not turn even a...
37
37

air conditioning
Car: Camry 4-cycl, 1994. I had it refilled last summer and I was surprised that it stopped working earlier this month. I'm not sure if it's out of refrigerant again, leaked, or something else is...
8
8

Control Arm / Stabilizer Bar bushing
Hi I have a 1987 Camry. Does the bushing, the one where that the Sway (stabilizer) bar goes through the control arm, require to be pressed in or out, or does it just sit loose after the 22mm nut is...

Some details of the 2AZ-FE engine
Gonna write this stuff down and post it so I don't lose it. Had to wade through a lot of pages to find it. The 5th Generation Camry's 2AZ-FE engine (an advanced powerplant, by the way) is the same...
78
78