12v power port

need help on making 12v power ports "on" all the time without having to turn the key to acc or on. have 03 4runner v6 4wd. thanks in advance.sd

Reply to
Brenda Ferrell

May not be identical ('99 vs. '03) but this should give you the general idea:

you are doing is pulling the relay that is normally energized by ACC andinstead installing a jumper wire across what would have been the relay powercontacts. I did the same thing on my '85 for the power windows:

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown