Latest threads in Toyota Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

RAV4 keyless entry question
Hey everybody, please forgive my ignorance. A friend of mine recently purchased a 2002 Rav which didn't come with the keyless entry fobs. The seller gave her two at no charge that needed to be...
5
5

Re: Can anyone tell the difference between rotors and pads (truthfully)?
What do you mean by "long term". As far as I can tell you are resisting the idea of fixing your brakes because eventually they will require fixing again. If you are hard on the brakes you can expect...
1
1

Re: Can anyone tell the difference between rotors and pads (truthfully)?
snip It seems to me you've found one article that you want to believe over all the other articles available, as well as the advice from learned technicians, based on their education and experience....
8
8

CT-20 to CT-26 modification
2 question. 1) Can i change out my CT-20 turbo off my 1986 22R-TE 4x4 pickup with a CT-26 turbo? 2) If it is doable, what would be involved and what parts do i need? Thank you, Jeff

Re: Can anyone tell the difference between rotors and pads (truthfully)?
"Stuart A. Bronstein" wrote in news:nvaOf.43710$ If that is the best on the web then it must be true. Well, no it isn't. In a perfect world a warped rotor would not cause pulsations. However, a warped...

89-95 Instrument Cluster - Need Tach Wire
I have just aquired a 92 Pickup, and have found a cheap inst. cluster w/ a tach, but i don't have a wire diag. for the 4 plugs to add the tach wire in. can anyone assist in my modding? or give me a...
3
3

CT-20 turbo questions.
I have a 1986 Toyota 22R-TE with a CT-20 turbo that has blown out. I am having trouble finding a rebuilt turbo to replace it. Does anyone have a good place to get a rebuilt CT-20 turbo at a resonable...

Re: Can anyone tell the difference between rotors and pads (truthfully)?
Runout WILL cause pulsation. Even though the caliper is free to move, it has mass, and to move it takes energy. The quicker it has to move, the more pronounced is the effect. Force is still equal to...
2
2

84 One Owner Toyota Van FS $300
2.0 liter. Body quite rusty and safety will be a concern. Mechanically it could go on forever I guess. "The spirit is willing but the body is weak" Good vehicle for parts . Asking $300 obo. Call...
1
1

FA: 1986 Toyota 4Runner Truck Factory Service Manual
For auction: Factory Service Repair Manual (FSM) for a 1986 Toyota Truck and/or 4Runner with Gasoline motor. This manual is in excelent condition with no ripped out pages. The outside of the book has...

Re: Can anyone tell the difference between rotors and pads (truthfully)?
Wrong - been certified as a brake expert in Federal and State courts, having designed and built many kinds of brakes as well as brake testing machines for Detroit and Japan, and have done hobby work...
3
3

No oil warning light on Tundra?!
Not sure why I just recently noticed this (maybe because I just changed the oil for the first time not long ago) but I think it sucks. My truck (2005 V8 std cab Tundra) has the panel with the tach,...
34
34

Re: Can anyone tell the difference between rotors and pads (truthfully)?
Don't believe everything you read on the web.

Aftermarket Bumper for a Tundra
Well, my '06 Tundra already has a mysterious dent in the rear bumper. My guess is that the metal is about 40% the thickness of my '90 Chevy's factory bumper. Since I do four wheel in the Sierra...

where can i get a CD wiring kit for a 2006 Tundra?
I've got a new CD player for my 2006 Tundra. I also got a wiring kit that says its for 1982 and newer Toyotas, but the plugs are nothing like what is actually on the vehicle. Ive been to all the...
5
5