1966 stout

I have a 1966 stout with clean body and strait frame that I have had since 1976. I'm wondering if anyone out knows the value of A truck of this vintage.

Reply to
Edward Shelton

As a running "driver" truck, around $500 - but if it's clean and straight and survived this long, it would be a shame to sell it cheap to a gardener or teenager who'll go and beat the sh*t out of it...

If you fix it up to showroom stock condition and put a clean paint job on it, it could be worth a lot more, as a guess in the $5,000 to $10,000 range - or find a museum or a car dealer that wants to buy it for a display.

And movie studios are always looking for clean vintage vehicles (camera-ready or almost) to lease for a few weeks at a time for shooting period pieces - they'll often spring for the paint job or some minor body or chrome work as a part of the payment.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

What's a "stout"? thanks, Roy

Reply to
Roy O.

Very plain looking little truck, few options, no frills - but they would give the Energizer Bunny a run for his money in the iron-balls reliability department. I'll pull up alongside one (usually with an assortment of lawnmowers and edgers in the back) and roll down the window, and it's still ticking like a swiss watch.

I still see them on the road - Southern California doesn't see much snow or use road salt, so the real survivors are more obvious.

I seem to recall the shocked posts from one of our resident Toyota master mechanics (Steve S?) when he moved out here from "The land of Salt and Body-rot" (Boston?) and was amazed to see cars more than three decades old being brought into the dealer for maintenance...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman