1986 4Runner Turbo?

How do you identify the turbo engine from the regular engine in the

1986 4runner? Can you tell by the VIN?

I'm going to look at one during lunch. Looks like it's in decent condition. I may have to sleep in it after I tell my wife I'm thinking about purchasing it!! :-)

Reply to
donnoble

The presence of a turbocharger?

Follow the exhaust pipe. If it connects directly to a cat converter or muffler, which look similar, there is no turbo. If the pipe goes into something that looks like a Nautilus, that's the turbocharger.

I'd guess it's probably also in the VIN, but who knows where?

Turbochargers are usually pretty obvious.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Compliance plate will say 2L-T (T for Turbo)

Reply to
Scotty

In US it would be 22RET

Reply to