1993 4 Runner Tailgate Window Motor problems

The motor of my Toyota 4Runner tailgate window went belly up. I ordered a remanufactured one through a local parts dealer and istalled it. It proved to be defective and the dealer replaced it without a problem. The Second motor was tested at the store and I tested it in the car before intalling it. (Installation is a real pain for me.)

When I installed it the window pormptly went up but will not come back down. I used the key control on the tailgate and the button control on the front console. No luck.

Where have I gone wrong? The connection is a standard clip together saddle. It seems unlikely that the second motor is also defective. HELP!!

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Arenson

Which local parts store did you get the motor from? If it's Autozone this can be typical of their products. Can you get to the connections with a jumper from a known good hot and a jumper from motor or negative lead to ground? Anything in the system could have gone bad and the timing is coincedence, it's just a matter of elimanating the possibles one at a time. Good luck, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Reply to
Rocky