BRONCO TAILGATE PROBLEMS

1995 Ford Bronco

My tailgate window is stuck in the down position. I need to raise it in order to get access to the motor, switches or what ever is the problem. I have removed the plate covering the tailgate but this only allows me to view the parts through the glass window. I do not see any way to get even close to the parts. There must be some magic that needs to be performed in order to accomplish this. HELP PLEASE.

Thanks, Jerry (imjaws)

Reply to
imjaws

Reach in there, find the two nuts that mount the window to the guide, take them off with a wrench, and carefully slide the window out. Have someone help you. Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

there is a switch in the latch to prevent the window from moving when the tailgate is down, it can be bypassed by closing the latch manually. the window motor should have wires going to a connector that is accessible without raising the window, unplug the connector and put power to the motor directly to test the motor

Reply to
Mike K

The window requires the tailgate to be closed for it to work properly, but working on the inards of the gate is difficult when it is closed and the window is up.

I used to activate the latch mechanism on the open gate, then use the key to raise the glass while holding it up. This allows one to work on the stuff inside the door. A serious problem with this is that the window is very heavy, and you need to devise a means of supporting the weight or risk having the window break.

If the window does not know that the tail gate is closed, it won't go up or down. If it went down as the last thing it did, then it won't go up again until the Door Closed circuit is happy.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland