2000 toyota 4 runner limited (rubbing noise)

My 2000 toyota 4 runner limited has a rubbing noise, which comes from the front end only when the vechicle is cold.The rubbing sound is heard between 30-40 miles an hour. Car was serviced by toyota for resurfacing rotors and replacement of pads,and problem still exist. PLEASE HELP!

Reply to
sheriff

First thing I can think of is a bent backing plate or dust shield. They are usually thin sheet metal with bends or ribs to give them strenghth but won't take much of a hit. A small tree limb or debri in rod can bend them and they will rub on rotor. Sometimes easy to miss if a tech isn't looking. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Hmm I will need to look at that one in person, please send on a boat to Australia and I will have a look for you. You dont mind me driving it a few thousand kms for testing purposes do you?

Reply to
Scotty