Brake Grinding noise---why!?!?!

Hi all-

Have a 99 altima, about 6 months ago I replaced my front rotors and pads (raybestos, chinese made), and for some reason, since day 1, when I applied the brakes I heard this grinding (Grrrrrrrrrr) sound come from the front passenger brake, I kept on driving...after 6 months of putting up with it my pad wear sensor started going off (the passenger front one), when I replaced the pads this time the passenger front ones were worn to the bone where as the driver side still had some meat left on em. Again, 2 days after I installed the new pads, the same grinding noise comes from the passenger side (it didn't when the pads were brand new)...allbeit, its less than before (no I hear it right before i coem to a dead stop, not from the begining of the braking as it did with the pads before).

Can someone tell me whats causing this? Id say it was warped rotor, but it was doing that on a brand new rotor as well, plus i dont feel any pulsation. Also, when the mechanic replaced my pads last week, he showed me how there was a lateral movement (play) of the front passenger side wheel, he said the inner tie rod has to be replaced, is that the cause of the grinding noise?

any help would be appreciated, the car has 60k miles on it...

Reply to
elmo

Sounds like you may have a seized caliper, or maybe air in the brake lines. How did you push the pistons in when replacing pads (I use a large C-clamp)? Did you accidently nic the boot (which might allow moisture in)? Have you ever bled your brake fluid?

Reply to
David Efflandt