2000 tundra timing belt

Any tips on changing a timing belt on the 4.7 V8. Also I have 107k miles on and just wondering if I should change or wait till it breaks. Will it damage anything if it does? Heard it was a big job from previous posts.

PS I have the repair manuals if anybody else needs any info looked up.

Reply to
sam bauer

We've got a few distinct possibilities here. First, you're a troll.

If not, then the following might apply:

Second, you're amazingly ignorant. If your truck has 107K, you've already waited too long.

Third, if you really do have the repair manual, then you've not read it well enough. Proof? Your questions. The V8 is an interference engine. Wait until the belt breaks, and you'll be crying in your beer over repair costs.

Fourth, since you've not read your manual well enough to answer your own questions, why would anyone else want info "looked up", indirectly from you?

I'm not meaning to be nasty here, but why don't you just read the thing?

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

I need my done on my 2000 and from the reports I have heard the 399 from the dealer is a bargain so that is where I'm going when the next oil change is due.

Reply to
VTX1800C

It's a big job. Take it to the dealer.

Reply to
Rob D

The 2UV-ZE V-8 is one of Toyota's few timing belt engines that are interference engines. If the belt breaks engine parts collide and the repair bills are huge.

The belt is due at 90,000 miles. Don't tarry.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

I had my timing belt changed 2 weeks ago also at 107k miles. My mechanic specializes in nissans but said he would do mine. When he finished he said that was his first and last on a 4.7 toyota. Good luck to you if you do it yourself. I also was told these engines were interference? type engines and if the belt brakes its $$$$$ bad news.

Reply to
specman1

I guess I got lucky, my cost was 175, the same thing my mechanic charges for nissan V6 timing belts, I dont think he will do another one for that.

Reply to
specman1