2000 Tundra Xmission oil change

Family member has subject truck and xmission fluid has never been changed, now at 97K. Before I offer to help with new fluid I need to have the following answered,please: Does it take Dexron? Are gaskets available for the sump container? Does it use transmission fluid filers? Thank you, Seamus J.Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

Yes, Dexron-III. There is no real filter, just a fine mesh screen. Probably no need to pull the sump pan. About 14 quarts gives a complete flush. 4 quarts for a sump drain & refill. With that mileage, I'd clean the transmission with [url=auto-rx.net]Auto-Rx[/url] for their slow (1000 mile) safe cleaning, then the complete flush through the cooling lines. It is smart to install an inline filter in the cooling line after the flush. Magnefine or SPX Filtran makes the filters, about $25. Don't forget to flush and renew the power steering fluid--ATF, and the brake fluid. They all deteriorate with heat and time.

Seamus J. Wils> Family member has subject truck and xmission fluid has never been changed,

Reply to
K. Shelton

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson