2001 sequoia

I have a 2001 sequoia that makes, what I consider, a strange noise whenever I have any slippage in traction in either 2 or 4 wheel drive. I have talked to the dealership about this noise and they have even sent a service manager with me to take a test drive with me during which I was able to replicate the noise. They assure me that the noise is a normal component of the traction control and VSC system, which utilizes the ABS system. I want to believe them as when it occurs it doesn't seem to adversely effect anything such as hesitancy in power etc., also when it occurs the swervy icon in the dash illuminates briefly indicating that the underlying systems are operating.

Has anyone else with this vehicle experienced anything similar? Does this noise seem logical, based on how they have explained it to me?

Thanks for any feedback...

Kevin

Reply to
KEVIN BACKOUS