2002 3.0 Liter V6 (1MZ-FE engine) erratic idle (ie no idle >>> dies)

I am sporadically experiencing a problem with the no idle. This has happened a couple of times during the past couple of months. Each time it would last a day or two then the problem goes away.

When this does happen if I let off the gas the engine would die. Even driving 70 mph the engine will drop down to 0 RPM and die instantly I remove my foot off the gas pedal.

I thought it might be the Mass Air Flow sensor, but it looks very clean. Then I thought it might be the EGR valve, but this engine doesn't have an EGR valve. The plugs look excellent.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Reply to
nobody
08-17-07 08:59 This can occur if the air tube from the MAF has a leak, making the maf think the engine is off.
Reply to
ed_herman

Reply to
nobody