2002 Tacoma ticking noise

My 02 Tacoma 4 cyl 2.4 makes a ticking noise that sounds like it's coming from the lower end. Dealer says its normal. You can really hear it when in line at a drive thru window, (sond buoncing off wall). Any ideas.

Reply to
Homer J

gerald whitaker

Fret not for I have the answer you seek. I too had experienced the same noise coming from the underside of my 2002 Toyota Tacoma X-Tra Cab (4x4, V6). The noise was MORE apparent in drive-thru windows, but dissapeared when I lightly pressed on the clutch pedal. As it turns out it was the Thowout and Pilot Bearings. My local Toyota dealer replaced this for me free of charge because I was still under the 60k drivetrain warranty. I hope this helps!

Reply to
mreo